Monday, October 17, 2005

To Fos Stin Psihi

On Friday I came in to work to find a box sitting on my desk. What was in it? The CD I'd ordered from http://greekshops.com/.

While on the trip, we had a day song and wake up song. The day song (track 4 or 9) was played on the coach at the start of each day, and the wake up song (track 1) was played anytime we were about to arrive at our destination as a clue that we needed to shake off the sleepies and get ready for some fun.

Both songs were by a very famous Greek (by way of Sweden) pop star by the name of Helena Paparizou. I'm not going to lie, I crinkled my nose the first time I heard them, but they both eventually grew on me. You can hear song clips here:


I've now listened to the whole album too many times to count and have just about memorized the words to "My Number One", which was the Greek entry in the 2005 Eurovision contest. Luckily, there is a karaoke track at the end of the album, so I can have my own version of "American Idol goes Greek" anytime I want. Don't worry, I won't subject any of you to a private show...unless you ask for one.

.................

So...what's up with this rain?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Celine Dion better watch out!

10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home