Monday, October 31, 2005

Blue Skies!

Well this has been a year filled with many crazy events for me, but sadly, not a single day in 2005 has included skydiving. In fact, when I checked out my logbook, the last time I jumped was in October of 2004.

Anyway, after much anticipation, this past Saturday, I made a trip to my home dropzone,
http://www.skydiveelsinore.com, and made my triumphant return to the sky.



It was quite a reunion day, as I hadn't seen many of my skydiving friends in a very long time, including my dropzone family, the Carlisles, which was a fantastic surprise for me. Smiles, hugs and jumping out of a plane with old friends. What more could I ask for? It felt like home.

All said and done, I had 2 fantastic jumps: one great refresher jump with my friend, Marie, plus an awesome 4-way with 3 very special people, Heidi and Harold Carlisle
and Erin Murphy (who very generously lent me her rig to jump for the day.)

We finished it off with a huge lunch together at an old hangout in downtown Elsinore, and then Erin and I made a quick trip to the wineries to toast this great day together.

So...it was a big day for me. Big, big day.

Anyway, in honor of getting my knees back in the breeze, I thought it would be fun to take a quick trip back in time to my first jump. My best friend Jenn and I made our first skydives together on December 2nd, 2000. Good times!

3 Comments:

Blogger Russell said...

I'm pretty sure I'll never be able to do that.

I'm weak.

2:34 PM  
Blogger Miss Lala said...

oh stoppit. you know how lame i am. if i can do it, you surely can. i'm afraid of heights for pete's sake! =P~

2:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Knees in the breeze"! I love it. Congrats on gettin' back in the saddle girl!

3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home