Thursday, August 02, 2007

70 years of SPAM

did you know spam has been around for 70 years? i surely didn't. in fact, i was pretty uninvolved with spam, until last night...



i don't know how it happened, but at some point, a decision was made to have a night of spam at our apartment. kristine made spam stir-fry and i made spam quiche. and people, it was really good! i'm not even kidding!

and can i tell you, when i went searching for a recipe, i found and entire spam sub-culture. spam.com has some seriously entertaining features, including the talking book of spam, which will answer all your questions about the product.

my life has been changed for ever. i am now a serious fan of spam. which is great, because, i mean, who can't use a little more sodium nitrate in their diet? spamtastic!

3 Comments:

Blogger Russell said...

I've been mentioning Spam to Joanne lately, since it's been a really long time since we've had any. Gotta get back on the Spam Wagon!

1:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One can for dinner is no longer enough for this house.

11:53 AM  
Blogger Naomi said...

I've been eating Spam since I was like two. Almost everybody I meet thinks I'm nuts, but I love it.

What is my favorite Spam dish, you ask? It's a tie between Spam Musubi and Split Pea soup with Spam.

I knew there was a reason I liked you.

3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home