Monday, July 31, 2006

Death By County Fair

I almost missed the fair again this year. Luckily, my friend Jessica threw out a last minute invite and we hit the fair up yesterday, the last day of its 3 week run.

Now, I like the baby animals and ghetto carnival rides as much as the next person, but really, the fair, for me, is all about the food. I know, you're shocked. This year, my mission was the deep fried Twinkie.

Surprisingly, the Twinkie was a bit of a let down. Not to worry though, an even better fried item presented itself... the deep fried snickers bar! HELLO!? It was amazing!!



Unfortunately, I think my iron stomach has lost some of that loving feeling, because once I got home, I faced the wrath of the "post-fair-food-feast-aftermath." I can't lie though, the prize was totally worth the pain.

My final numbers:

1 - half loaf garlic cheese bread
4 - stolen pieces of fried artichoke from Jessica
4 - glasses of wine (The wine garden was nice and shady, it's a trap for innocent thirsty people like me!)
1 - deep fried Twinkie
.5 - giant dill pickle
1 - strip of teriyaki beef jerky (No idea how I ended up eating this.)
1 - basket of nachos
1 - deep fried snickers bar

2 - friends I ran into unexpectedly
1 - llama, we had a chat with and hand-fed
1 - ride down the giant euro slide
1 - trip on the random chair lift to nowhere (That thing has never made sense to me.)

I always have so much fun at the fair! And I'm sure it would have passed me by again this year had it not been for Jess. Thanks chica!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WTF is a euro slide?

1:28 PM  
Blogger Miss Lala said...

euroslide

1:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where's the Euro in that?

2:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you went on that before the awesome food intake...clean-up aisle 3!! You are my hero!

10:41 AM  
Blogger Russell said...

Euroslide! Those are the best! Those last few humps can be doozies!

Good food intake. That really is what the fair is all about.

Dang, I missed all the fun this year. Stupid work.

2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home