Monday, June 19, 2006

Paddle Paddle Paddle!!!

Jer and I celebrated Father's Day with dear old Dad on the Kern River. After talking it over with Mom, we decided he needed to get the heck out of the city. And you don't get much farther out of the city than Kernville.

We did the 2-day lower Kern trip with White Water Voyages. I can't recommend this company enough. If you are considering rafting anywhere in California, chances are, this group will give you the best run for your money.

We had a phenomenal time and frankly, I can't wait to get back on the river soon. So if anyone is interested in a little paddle-time, let me know, I'll join you!

We took a water-proof camera, but I don't have those photos yet. Perhaps I'll post them sometime down the line. In the meantime, here is my favorite photo I snagged at camp. One of the guides on the trip showed me how he meditates... through stacking rocks.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

is that for real? or photoshopped?

11:50 AM  
Blogger Miss Lala said...

completely real. i actually asked if there was a metal bar through it or something, and that is when he showed me how he did it. neat huh?

1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home